eastern roots combined with best-in-class western medicine
Dr. Paramjit “Romi” Chopra, M.D. is an interventional radiologist with over 30 years’ experience in the field of interventional radiology and endovascular therapy. The standards for his daily work were set after completing his medical studies and training in Mumbai, India, followed by his fellowship and residency at Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Harvard Medical School in the US. After working extensively in academia and research, Dr. Chopra became one of the youngest heads of an interventional radiology department in the US. Eager to share his experience, he placed great emphasis on training and introduced a wide range of education and research programs for students, colleagues, and residents. At the same time, however, he was committed to keeping the focus firmly on patient needs at all times.
Dr. Chopra opened the Midwest Institute for Minimally Invasive Therapies (MIMIT) in 2004. As an interventional radiology and endovascular therapy practice, MIMIT specializes in minimally invasive treatments for arterial disease such as peripheral artery disease (PAD), uterine fibroid disease (UFE), venous disease and musculoskeletal disease (spine interventions).
lending his eastern roots and extensive western experience Dr. Chopra unifies the best of both worlds. His in-depth understanding of complex patient conditions is backed by state-of-the-art treatment therapies, enabling him to deliver exceptional patient care of the highest quality.
Dr. Chopra believes the path to long-term success lies in treating patients’ spirit, mind and body – not just their medical conditions. His institute has given him the opportunity to create a well-thought-out environment where patients and their families can feel calm, get the information they need and be treated with cutting-edge healthcare technologies.
Healthcare Peer-Related Reviews:
Dr. Paramjit “Romi” Chopra (and his company MIMIT Health) have been Recognized by Industry Leaders and Patients as a Pioneer, Visionary and Innovator in the Health Care Industry, here are a few reviews…
1) Boston Scientific, a leading innovator of less-invasive medical solutions is in the planning stages to have MIMIT Health become a training site for all Boston Scientific peripheral procedures, including more options once CMS/ASC approval for PCI is attained.
“You (Dr. Chopra and MIMIT Health) are visionaries in this industry and your approach to medicine should be taught in Med School!” — Mark Pavlovich, Boston Scientific
2) “Dr. Paramjit “Romi” Chopra is equal parts healer, pioneer, visionary and entrepreneur. Very few Physicians know how to design and execute on a value-based health delivery model at scale. Dr. Chopra was one of the first ambulatory practices to embrace Voice AI Technology into his practice to improve the patient experience and increase operational efficiency. It has been a delight to work with MIMIT Health as pioneers in healthcare.” — Ryan Plasch, Vice President, Growth, Saykara, Inc.
Saykara is a voice and AI-powered healthcare virtual assistant that simplifies the clinical documentation process for physicians
3) Bridge Connector, a data-driven, workflow engine that connects disparate data systems in health care IT more quickly and cost-efficiently has written a Case Study on MIMIT Health and how we have improved the patient experience:
“MIMIT Health has identified three criteria they must address to support a patient’s overall journey: treat, empower, heal. “The more data I collect, the more analysis I do … the more insights I have, and the better I do my job,” said Dr. Chopra. Bridge Connector integrations have allowed MIMIT to deliver their unique brand of “enlightened health care” with more transparency and more efficiency — care providers and staff save around two hours a day, per patient, by removing the dual data entry burden”. —Bridgeconnector.com:
Read Case Study: https://bridgeconnector.co/physician-group-streamlines-processes/
1) “Dr. Chopra is a phenomenal physician and healer. In an era of assembly-line medicine, he pushes the proverbial “stop” button and takes the time to befriend his patients. He makes sure patients understand their medical care and the rationale for his treatment plan. More than that though, Dr. Chopra does not simply treat one problem at one office visit. He creates a spiritual connection with his patients that engenders continual trust. He treats the body and the psyche. He is the very definition of physician as caregiver and confidant.” — Michael V. MIMIT Patient
2) “The world needs more people like Dr. Romi Chopra. He is a person who is truly a charismatic, caring, and true professional. The deep connection he makes with his staff, patients, friends, and industry colleagues is tremendous. He is a type of individual that truly cares about the outcomes of all things he is involved with in his life. His perspective and approach to his patients are world class.” — Johnny D., MIMIT Patien
MIMIT Health is multi-speciality group offering access to great new resources, technology, and a promise to help our patients stay healthy who are dealing with acute and chronic illnesses and bring them back to a state of balance and well-being. We welcome new patients to our healthcare family, with locations convenient to you.
Comprised of physicians, surgeons, and midlevel providers who specialize in minimally invasive, targeted treatments that offer reduced risk, reduced pain and shorter recovery time compared to traditional surgery. Today many conditions that once required surgery can be treated less invasively by our physicians.
MIMIT physician are committed to offering minimally invasive, image–guided techniques to diagnose and treat a number of vascular and non–vascular conditions. We have a team of experts who are dedicated to providing you with the highest quality of care. Our goal at MIMIT is to educate and empower patients along with their families to make the decision that is best for the patient.